Source: Airline notification to agents – 2nd September 2014
From 1 Oct 2014 parents travelling with their children under the age of 18 to and from South Africa must produce an unabridged birth certificate of each child which shows details of the parents of the child.
Where one parent is travelling with a child, they must produce an unabridged birth certificate and:
• Consent in the form of an affidavit from the other parent registered as a parent on the birth certificate authorising them to enter or depart from South Africa with the child
• A court order granting them full parental responsibilities and rights or legal guardianship or where applicable, a death certificate of the other parent registered as a parent of the child on the birth certificate
Where an adult is travelling with a child, who is not their biological child, they must produce:• A copy of the unabridged birth certificate of the child
• An affidavit from the parents or legal guardian of the child confirming that they have permission to travel with the child
• Copies of the identity documents or passports of the parents or legal guardian of the child
Unaccompanied minors must produce:
• Consent from one of or both of the parents or legal guardian in the form of a letter or affidavit for the child to travel into or depart from South Africa. If only one parent is able to provide proof of consent they must also have a copy of a court order granting the full parental responsibilities
• A letter from the person who is to receive the child in South Africa, containing their residential address and the contact details where the child will be residing
• A copy of the identity document or valid passport and visa or permanent residence permit of the person who is to receive the child in South Africa
• The contact details of the parents or legal guardian of the child
For more information please contact your local South African Embassy, South African High Commission or the South African Department of Home Affairs.
More News & Insights
07 July 2020
Use our Covid-19 travel checklist to minimise potential disruption to your new in the 'new normal'
07 July 2020
Business travel consultant Veronica Troiani travels from London to Rome in the 'new normal'
02 July 2020
To help you plan for the resumption of travel, we've put together a list of the world's leading hotel brands and what they're doing to facilitate a safe return for guests.
02 July 2020
To help you plan for the resumption of travel, we've put together a list of the world's leading airlines and what they're doing to facilitate a safe return to travel.
19 May 2020
A look at some of the key issues surrounding sustainability and how travellers can reduce their carbon footprint while still meeting their business needs.
01 May 2020
Head of sales & business development Fiona Garner looks at the possible implications for your company's business travel policy in a post-Covid-19 world.